Monday, July 30, 2012

5th Cup, the coffee interview with Melissa Lombard

A few weeks back a good friend of mine, Jon Campbell, asked me to meet with a friend of his that had recently relocated to Austin. He thought I would enjoy meeting her and that I might be able to help her in some capacity.

So we setup the coffee.

Melissa arrived and instantly lit up Cupprimo with her smile and instantly warm and inviting presence. I could instantly see why Jon had wanted us to meet.  Her enthusiasm and energy made a mid-afternoon meeting (something I normally dread) feel like I had just mainlined a couple of bottles of 5-Hour Energy.

We had an instant connection and I could easily see we'd become fast friends.  We chatted about our life experiences and professional endeavors and then all of a sudden Ms. Melissa turned the tables on me.  She asked if she could "interview" me for her BLOG.  She told me the story of how she had committed to meet one person each week and interview them as a way to get to know them better. She would document her exploits on her BLOG and she would love to feature me. Me little 'ol me!?!

Well, to say I was honored would be an understatement.  So we rolled up the sleeves and she started firing off her questions like Woodward and Bernstein.  Her questions were well thought out and put me through my paces and I loved every minute of it.

This past weekend Melissa sent me the link to the BLOG post from our time together.  Check it out!

http://www.melissalombard.com/1/post/2012/07/5th-cup-steve-harper-people-reader-introverted-public-speaker-andripple-creator.html

I'm honored to be Ms. Lombard's 5th Cup of Coffee here in Austin and more importantly to have her as a new friend.

Ripple On!!!



No comments: